Look at the best makeup primers here. When it comes to makeup, the most common things that come to our mind are the foundation, eye shadows, highlighters, and lipstick. But are we missing out on one of the most important things??
If you still didn’t get it, then it’s probably time to start using it. The product people commonly miss out while doing their makeup is a Makeup Primer and due to this their makeup doesn’t last for a long time and melts away easily especially if you’re prepared for a summer look.
What exactly is a makeup primer?
Before knowing the best makeup primers, it's even better to understand what a primer is. A makeup primer is a base protector for our outer skin which is used before applying any makeup. It is a combination of both skincare and makeup. It shields the skin by moisturizing and creating a smooth look. If you use a makeup setting spray along with this, your look will be even better. Check out the best makeup setting sprays for all skin types.
- A primer acts as a base for foundation and face makeup and therefore is a pre-requisite for a long-lasting look.
- It makes the skin look very smooth and even by reducing pores and fine lines which can ruin your perfect look.
- It’s a perfect solution to get rid of pigmentation and open pores by smoothing out your skin in a very quick way.
- In simple words, a makeup primer is similar to the wall primer which is applied on walls before painting them to make the outer surface more smooth poreless.
ALL ABOUT PRIMERS!
Since now we know a little brief about the makeup primer. It’s time to understand the basic things about primers i.e. How many types of primers are there and which primer is suited for your skin type and many more such things. So let’s check it out best makeup primers!!
Many people skip applying primer and their makeup starts directly with the use of foundation and this is the reason their face looks cakey and unsmooth. But primer is necessary to get a finished and perfect radiant look.
- Oil Based Primer - It is most suited for dry and very dry skin type and is a bit shiny in texture
- Crème Based Primer - It is suited for normal and dry skin type people. You can use hydrating toners if you have dry skin. Here are some best hydrating toners for dry skin.
- Water-Based Primer – It is suited for all skin types but is perfect for people who have blemished or oily skin
- Mineral Based Primer – It is for skin types but is well suited for sensitive skin
– This type of primer is a little shiny in texture and is for dry skin type
– This type of primer gives a matte finish look and is the most suited for oily
to normal skin type
How to choose a primer:-
Most of us are very confused regarding the selection of primer according to the skin type. Using the best makeup primers isn't enough, you need to understand which of these best suits your skin.
- The first thing you must try to know is your skin type like, if your skin is oily or acne-prone then it is best to choose a matte look primer.
- Similarly, if you’re skin is dry then there are various types of primers that are available only for dry skin.
How to apply primer like a pro –
- Firstly, wash your face with your face wash so that no dirt is left and then apply your favorite moisturizer.
- Then apply a pea-sized amount of your primer with your fingertips
- Wait for 3-4 minutes to let the primer blend in your skin
- You’re now ready to start with your makeup.
BEST MAKEUP PRIMERS
There are a lot of primers available in the market but you choose according to your need and budget. Here, we’ve listed the best makeup primers that are available in India.
1. Smash box photo finish Radiance primer
- It gives your skin a nice and natural glow with peachy reflected elements.
- As the name suggests it provides a radiant glowing look and makes your makeup look gorgeous on top of it.
- Instantly blurs fine lines and pores
- Velvety smooth finish
- Best for oily skin
- It is available in stores and on Nykaa.
- Price INR 2900 for 30 ml
- It is an oil based primer which is not greasy or heavy at all.
- It is suited for all skin types (including oil skin as well)
- It helps to blend the makeup and is super absorbent.
- Hydrates skin well and gives dewy look
- Prevents dry makeup patches
- Also it gives a more subtle and natural look and lasts very long.
- It’s available on PAC stores, Nykaa and Amazon easily.
- Price INR 795 for 20 ml
- It provides a radiant smooth glow as it claims.
- This primer casts a pink tint on your face so if you’ve yellow undertone then it may look a little odd.
- Smooth texture spreads evenly
- Creamy texture without feeling cakey
- It is suitable for all skin type and is quite budget friendly.
- Although it can dry out your skin so it’s best advised to apply moisturizer before.
- Price INR 675 for 30g
- It has a thick consistency and sets your makeup in place very well by hiding all pores and mattifies skin.
- A very good thing is that it is transparent and doesn’t cast any tint.
- It is suitable for all skin type.
- The non greasy formula helps in smooth application
- Makes skin soft and hydrating
- Makeup stays for really long
- Although it does feel a little heavy on skin because of its thick consistency.
- This primer comes in a glass container and doesn’t have any details on it.
- Everything is being mentioned only on the outer cover.
- Price INR - 970 for 15 ml
- This is a satiny touch oil-free primer.
- It helps you to get a perfect satin-smooth base for your party or casual makeup.
- It makes skin soft & flawless and can be used by acne-prone skin people
- Covers open pores evenly and present an oil-free smooth look
- INR 825 for 30 ml
- It’s a silicon based primer and fills up your pores really well to give a smoother look.
- It mattifies your skin and since its silicon based, it’s best advised to do patch test before applying on the face.
- Foundation glides easily after application of this primer
- This one is available only online.
- Though it’s a bit costly but the product is worth it.
- Price INR 1170 for 7.5 ml and INR 3000 for 22 ml
- This primer is best for sensitive skin.
- It is a bit high range product but it’s complete value for money and if you’re looking for something which balances your skin tone and also has SPF in it , this is what you need
- Enhances luminosity and radiance on face
- Rich in soy which imparts natural glow
- Price INR – 3685 for 22 ml
- This one works like the benefit pore primer
- Much cheaper than benefit primer.
- So, if you’re looking for a translucent primer which can reduce your pores to literally zero. Then, this one’s for you.
It is also a silicon based Primer (check for allergic reaction)
- It’s easily available online as
well as in cosmetic stores
- Price INR 845
- This one is the best affordable makeup primer so far.
- It is just amazing.
- Perfect for oily skin
- Minimizes pores
- It brightens up your face and gives a fresh and awaken look.
- It provides a silky satiny finished base and can rock any look.
- Price INR 650 for 30 ml
- It is a crème based primer.
- This one isn’t very mattifying or radiant but it does feel very moisturizing and makes your skin look really smooth and satiny.
- Hydrating makeup base
- Makes skin soft and supple without being greasy or oily
- Contain a high amount of perfume which enhances its fragrance
- Helps in holding the makeup well.
- Price INR 2990 for 30 ml
- This one comes in a bottle packaging.
- It feels like a moisturizer because of its creamy texture.
- Effective for oily T- zone
- Gel based formula with special effect silicones
- It is very light on your skin and prepares a nice and smooth base which lasts all day long.
- No SPF
- Again, it’s available easily on Nykaa and Amazon.
- Price INR 2550 for 30 ml
- It gives a silicon feel without any silicones in it.
- It produces a smooth and refined base and prevents foundation from getting fade.
- Fast and easy application
- Smudge proof and long lasting
- It is available only online.
- Price INR 950 for 50 ml
- It also comes in a bottle shaped packaging.
- It hides pores and scars really well and blends well in skin.
- Velvety formula which allows easy & fast application
- Reduces pigmentation
- Makeup stays in place
- Price INR 889 for 30 ml
- It comes in a translucent gel formula which blurs the pores easily.
- It doesn’t have any type of fragrance
- Helps in reducing pores to an extent
- Blurs in skin perfectly
- Very light weighted primer
- Price INR 2073 for 20 ml
- It looks like a clear yellow liquid with gold flecks in it.
- It holds makeup really well because it’s a thick primer and the little gold flecks add a beautiful touch of glitter and glow to your face
- Primer cum serum
- Neutralizes the appearance of discoloration and redness
- The best part is it is suitable for all skin type. It is available in stores as well as on Nykaa.
- Price INR 1275 for 22ml
How to make a HOME MADE PRIMER:
Primer can’t be skipped if you want a smooth and flawless makeup. But, what if someone is allergic to chemical makeup primer? Or you prefer natural products?
Yes, it’s possible to make a home made DIY makeup primer. Let’s see how!
2 table spoon aloe vera gel
½ spoon Glycerin
½ spoon Sunscreen
- Mix all the ingredients well as per the quantity and keep mixing until it forms a smooth creamy texture.
- All ingredients are easily
- Can be stored for 2-3 months easily
- Affordable home made primer
- Moisturizes skin very well
- Protects from harmful sun rays
- Covers all pores and is very
- Provides a natural smooth
finished base for makeup.
Makeup has become an integral part of our lives nowadays. Everybody wants to flaunt their best look. It can be for a formal office meeting or a casual meet or wedding party but makeup is required. So, it’s best to try and protect your skin as long as you can. A makeup primer not only makes your makeup smooth and flawless but it also helps to protect your skin by applying an outer coating on the skin. So get one of the best makeup primers for yourself. You can choose any primer that suits your skin tone and budget both. Also, keep checking for special discounts on websites like Amazon and Nykaa as they not only give assured products but also give a huge discounts on sale.
That's all about best makeup primers. You can also check out other articles on best highlighters.